Indigenous Allied Health Australia, Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet (2018). Leading in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health. Perth: Indigenous Allied Health Australia and Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet.
This video outlines Indigenous Allied Health Australia’s (IAHA) actions towards improving the health, social, emotional and cultural wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. It explains:
- the allied health workforce
- IAHA’s workforce development strategy
- the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander allied health career journey
- the supports available to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals through IAHA, including:
- cultural responsiveness and safety
- leadership development.
The video includes interviews with IAHA spokespersons Professor Tom Calma AO (Patron) and Nicole Turner (Chairperson), along with IAHA members from a variety of allied health professions: Celeste Brand (Social Worker); Tahnee Elliot (Occupational Therapist); Tya Fry (Occupational Therapist); Debra Hunter-McCormick (Social Worker); Lauren Hutchinson (Optometrist); Professor Gregory Phillips (Public Health); and Callum Slade (Speech Pathology).
The video has been co-designed by Indigenous Allied Health Australia and the Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet.