The Healing portal is designed to encourage information sharing and collaboration across sectors and locations. It brings together information about what is working in Indigenous healing and includes examples of best practice healing initiatives, the latest research from around Australia and tools people can use to develop healing opportunities in their communities.
Service provision including crisis support is beyond the scope of this resource. Information about crisis support services can be found here.
The Healing portal is partnered with and funded by The Healing Foundation.
About the Healing Foundation:
The Healing Foundation is a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation with a focus on community-led healing solutions. We build culturally strong, community designed and delivered pathways to healing.
Together with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, we:
- work with members of the Stolen Generations to create their own healing responses
- support children and young people and their families to improve their social and emotional wellbeing
- build the leadership and the capacity of communities and workers to respond to trauma through education and training
- develop the evidence base for best practice Indigenous healing
- share our knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander healing with communities, government and non-government organisations across the country.